What information we collect about you
When you browse our website, place an order, register for an online account, sign up for newsletter, enter any competition, promotion or prize draw, write and submit review, engage with us on social media we collect personal information about you.
Information you give us
- Contact information: such as name, postal address, telephone, mobile number and email address
- Profile Data: User name and password if you created account on our website
- Transaction data: products and services you purchased from us and payments and refund details
- Financial data: we do not hold or take payment details; this is all undertaken by a 3rd party secure gateway.
- Marketing and communication data: your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
Information we collect automatically
Technical data: Details of your visit to our website, including but not limited to, information related to the browser, device or operating system you use to visit our website, IP address, pages viewed, time spent on our website, action taken on our website.
How we use the information we collec
Our main uses of your personal information are to process any orders or purchases that you make via our website and to help us to understand your needs to provide you with the best possible customer experience.
We do not disclose your information to third parties other than when order details are processed as part of the order fulfilment. In this case, the third party will not disclose any of the details to any other third party.
We may use the information described above in one or more of the following way and we may seek specific consent prior to such use,
- to fulfil any order you place; including, order confirmation, billing and delivering products and services;
- to process refund request;
- to respond to comments, concerns, or questions;
- to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, misrepresentation, security incident or crime in accordance with applicable law;
- to keep record of our interaction with you if you place an order or otherwise deal with our representative over the phone or online;
- to comply with legal and regulatory obligation;
- to administer and protect our business and this website;
- to use data analytics to improve our website, product, services and customer experiences;
- to ask you to leave a review or take part in survey;
- with your permission, to send you newsletters and other promotional material about our products and services and to use technologies to check if these have been received and opened to help make our communications relevant to you;
How long we store your personal information
We will only retain and process your personal information for as long as we have a legitimate reason to retain and process it. Where we process personal data in connection with performing a contract or for a competition, we keep the data for 6 years. Where we process personal data for marketing purposes or with your consent, we process the data until you ask us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests).
At the end of the retention period, we will delete any personal information or anonymise it.
How we secure your personal information
At The Opal, we take the security of your personal information very seriously. We have put in place necessary and appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in unauthorised way. We engage the following best practices to keep your personal information secure:
- All our transactions are PCI-DSS compliant
- Your access to all area of our website is secured via ‘https’ technology
- We hold EV-SSL that provides strongest encryption level available
Although we take appropriate measures to safeguard against unauthorised disclosures of personal data, we cannot assure you that your personal data will never be disclosed, altered or destroyed in a manner that is inconsistent with this privacy notice.
Who we share your personal details with
We will never pass your personal data to any third party except our suppliers, service provider and affiliates that process data on our behalf, for example 1) to fulfil order 2) to handle payments 3) to provide customer support service 4) to conduct research, analysis e and marketing 5) to host services 6) to maintain database.
We will only provide information they need to perform their specific services and they may only use your personal information for the purposes we specify.
We may need to disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with law, any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety, or those of our customers or others.
When you visit the Services we may store some information commonly known as a "cookie". "Cookies" are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which enables the server to collect information from the browser.
We only collect information we feel is essential for you to use our Website efficiently and to improve services for you.
We use the following categories of cookies:
1. Strictly necessary cookies These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
2. Analytical/performance cookies.They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. These Cookies collect data that is mostly aggregated and anonymous.
Most browsers allow you to turn off the cookie function. If you want to know how to do this please look at the help menu on your browser. If you choose to disable some or all Cookies, you may not be able to make full use of our Websites. For example, you may not be able to add items to your shopping basket, proceed to checkout, or use any of our products and services that require you to sign in.
Your rights in relation to your personal information
Under certain circumstances you have rights under data protection law to control how we use your personal information and to request the deletion of your personal information. If you wish to exercise your rights, please contact us using contact us page.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no rights to receive it.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month.
Please remember that if you choose not to share your personal information with us, you might not receive some of the services that you have asked for.
Our Services do not target and are not intended to attract children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly solicit personal data from children under the age of 16 or send them requests for personal information
Notification of changes to this policy
If at any time we decide to use your personal information in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected, we will tell you. You will have a choice about whether or not we can use your information in this different manner.