Terms & Conditions
All prices are in GBP and inclusive of UK VAT applicable on the date of ordering.
Once an order is placed, we will send you an order acknowledgement and order update(s) e-mails. Please note that completion of the online checkout process does not constitute THEOPAL’s acceptance of your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place only when we dispatch the product(s) that you ordered from us. Products are subject to availability. If we are unable to supply any product, we will inform you of this as soon as possible and issue a full refund.
Goods will be sent to the address given by you in your order and stated in the order acknowledgement. The period stated within which you will receive your order is approximate. We shall have no liability to you in respect of any delay or failure to deliver a product due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including (without limitation) delay or failure caused by adverse weather, strikes or transport problems.
Product Description and Price
Description: THEOPAL takes reasonable care to ensure all products are fairly and accurately described. The sizes shown are approximate only and may vary slightly. Colours of our products are displayed as accurately as possible on the website, the actual colours you see will depend on your monitor.
Price: We do our best to make sure that prices are correctly shown but very occasionally an error may occur. We will not accept an order if there is a pricing error.
Returns and refunds
Please refer to our Returns and Refunds policy
Please note that there may be certain orders that we are unable to accept and must cancel. THEOPAL.co.uk reserves the right, at sole discretion, to cancel any order for any reason. Some situations that may result in your order being cancelled include product(s) unavailability, inaccuracies or errors in product description or price. We may also require additional verifications or information before accepting any order. We will contact you if all or any portion of your order is cancelled or if additional information is required to accept your order.
We take the security of your details as a priority. We are fully PCI- DSS compliant giving you total confidence to purchase knowing your transactions and personal information is being securely processed. We use Sage Pay to process credit and debit card payments. Credit/Debit card data is collected and encrypted via Sage Pay and sent to bank securely. All of our transactions are encrypted to the highest global standard. We do not store your card details.
Through Sage Pay, we have also enabled 3D Secure (Verified by Visa and SecureCode by MasterCard) to protect the unauthorised use of your card.
We also hold EV SSL that provides strongest encryption level available.
All images, photographs or written material used on www.THEOPAL.co.uk website may not be reproduced, copied, stored or used in any way whatsoever without the prior written agreement and permission of THEOPAL. You may download and temporarily store pages in order to view them, for your own personal non-commercial use.
Password / Account Security
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and any activities that occur under your account. The Opal shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise as a result of any failure by you to protect your password, account or order related emails.
We support all requirements of UK Data Protection Act 1968 and any modification thereof. When you shop on this Website, we will ask you to input and will collect Personal Information from you such as your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, credit card or other payment information. We do not retain your credit card details and is completely removed from our system once your order is processed or cancelled. We will use the information you provided only for processing your orders and for the statistical purpose to improve service of this website to you. We will never disclose your personal information to any third party without your written consent.
We reserve the right to change and update these Website Terms from time to time and recommend that you revisit this page regularly to keep informed of the current Website Terms that apply to your use of the Website. By continuing to access, browse and use this Website, you will be deemed to have agreed to any changes or updates to our Website Terms.
Gift Cards and eGift Cards
The terms and conditions listed below govern the use of your The Opal eGift card, please read the terms and conditions carefully. By using the card you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below
1) eGift Card is valid for 12 months from the date of delivery.
2) The Opal Gift Card is non-transferrable and cannot be refunded or exchanged for cash or credit.
3) eGift Card should be treated as cash. They are not cheque, guarantee, charge cards or credit. The Opal will not accept liability for lost or stolen gift cards.
4) The Opal eGift Card can be used to purchase items online via The Opal website. If you do not spend the entire amount on eGift Card remaining balance will be updated after each transaction. If order value exceeds the balance on eGift Card, remaining amount must be paid by payment method accepted by theopal.co.uk.
5) If any item purchased with eGift Card is subsequently returned or exchanged for a lower value item, any money owing will be added to the remaining balance on the eGift Card.
6) The Opal reserves the right to modify the Terms and Conditions without notice. The most recent Terms and Conditions will always be posted at theopal.co.uk
7) We reserve the right to refuse to accept eGift Card which we believe has been stolen, duplicated or is being used fraudulently.
8) You are solely responsible for any message you ask us to include with your eGift Card. We reserve the right to refuse to deliver any message submitted by you if, in our sole discretion, your message is or is likely to be considered by any person to be offensive, abusive, obscene, threatening, inappropriate or in any way unlawful. If we reject your message for any reason, we reserve the right in our sole discretion to cancel your order and refund any payments you have made. If we send your order without your message, you will not be entitled to cancel your order by virtue of our decision not to send the message.
9) You are obliged to provide the correct email address to deliver eGift Card.
10) You can request a refund within 28 days from the date of delivery of eGift Card. Refund will only be made on eGift Card that has full purchase value remaining and has not been used to make any purchase.