Terms & Conditions
All prices are in GBP and inclusive of UK VAT applicable on the date of ordering.
Once an order is placed, we will send you an order acknowledgement and order update(s) e-mails. Please note that completion of the online checkout process does not constitute THEOPAL’s acceptance of your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place only when we dispatch the product(s) that you ordered from us. Products are subject to availability. If we are unable to supply any product, we will inform you of this as soon as possible and issue a full refund.
Goods will be sent to the address given by you in your order and stated in the order acknowledgement. The period stated within which you will receive your order is approximate. We shall have no liability to you in respect of any delay or failure to deliver a product due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including (without limitation) delay or failure caused by adverse weather, strikes or transport problems.
Product Description and Price
Description: THEOPAL takes reasonable care to ensure all products are fairly and accurately described. The sizes shown are approximate only and may vary slightly. Colours of our products are displayed as accurately as possible on the website, the actual colours you see will depend on your monitor.
Price: We do our best to make sure that prices are correctly shown but very occasionally an error may occur. We will not accept an order if there is a pricing error.
Returns and refunds
Please refer to our Returns and Refunds policy
Free Product Offer
Free Product: Upon purchase of an eligible product, customers will receive a free product as specified in the product listing. The free product is subject to availability and may vary from time to time.
Returns: If the customer returns the eligible product, the free product must also be returned in original and new condition. If the free product is not returned or is returned in damaged or non-resalable condition, we reserve the right to charge the customer for the value of the free product.
Gift Vouchers: If the customer does not return the free product, a gift voucher will be issued instead of a refund for the returned eligible product. The value of the gift voucher will be equal to the amount paid for the returned eligible product. The gift voucher can be used to purchase products from The Opal. Gift Voucher will be valid for 30 days from the date of issue.
General Terms: This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offer or promotion. We reserve the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time without notice. Our standard terms and conditions apply to all purchases made from our online store.
Please note that there may be certain orders that we are unable to accept and must cancel. THEOPAL.co.uk reserves the right, at sole discretion, to cancel any order for any reason. Some situations that may result in your order being cancelled include product(s) unavailability, inaccuracies or errors in product description or price. We may also require additional verifications or information before accepting any order. We will contact you if all or any portion of your order is cancelled or if additional information is required to accept your order.
We take the security of your details as a priority. We are fully PCI- DSS compliant giving you total confidence to purchase knowing your transactions and personal information is being securely processed. We use Sage Pay to process credit and debit card payments. Credit/Debit card data is collected and encrypted via Sage Pay and sent to bank securely. All of our transactions are encrypted to the highest global standard. We do not store your card details.
Through Sage Pay, we have also enabled 3D Secure (Verified by Visa and SecureCode by MasterCard) to protect the unauthorised use of your card.
We also hold EV SSL that provides strongest encryption level available.
All images, photographs or written material used on www.THEOPAL.co.uk website may not be reproduced, copied, stored or used in any way whatsoever without the prior written agreement and permission of THEOPAL. You may download and temporarily store pages in order to view them, for your own personal non-commercial use.
Password / Account Security
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and any activities that occur under your account. The Opal shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise as a result of any failure by you to protect your password, account or order related emails.
WIN £250 CASH COMPETETION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The Promoter is Skylark Accessories Ltd T/a The Opal (Company register no: 09934830)
3) The promotion is open to UK residents aged 18 or over.
4) To enter, individual must place an order and sign up to The Opal’s newsletter between 00.01am BST on 18th October 2023 and 23.59pm BST on 31st December 2023. Order email id and newsletter sign up email id must be same. Only new sign up to the newsletter will be valid for entry in the competition. You will be entered automatically in the competition.
5) You must be a subscriber at the time of the draw. If you unsubscribed before the draw is performed your entry will not be included in the draw.
6) Entries that do not comply in full with the terms and conditions will be disqualified.
7) The lucky winner will be selected by random draw performed by a computer process out of all qualifying entries 30 days after the competition ends. The selection of the winner made will be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
8) The winner will receive cash price of £250.
9) The winner must have a valid UK bank account. Cash prize will be paid by BACS / Bank Transfer.
10) The winner is responsible for providing correct bank account details and the Promoter will not be liable for any Prize payments made into the wrong bank account.
11) The promoter will email the winner confirming the prize to the email address used to place the order. The winner will be required to follow the instructions within 14 days of initial contact.
12) Promoter will make reasonable efforts to contact the winner via email as soon as practicable. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available or has not claimed the prize within 14 days of promoter contacting them, promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to another eligible entrant. Promoter cannot accept any responsibility if any winner is unable to take up the prize or fails to claim the prize within the time limit as set out above.
13) The Prize is not transferable, and no substitutions will be given, except that the Promoter may substitute a prize of equal or greater value for the Prize. An unclaimed Prize remains the property of the Promoter. This process is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Non-winners will not be notified.
14) The Promoter reserves the right to publish the name and counties of residence of the winner(s). The winner’s names and counties may be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Skylark Accessories Ltd, Harrow Business Centre, 429-433 Pinner Road, North Harrow, HA1 4HN no later than 28 days after the end of the prize draw.
15) The Promoter may refuse or disqualify any entry (including winning entries) if the entrant concerned or anyone authorised by the entrant to deal with their entry, acts in a way towards the Promoter which the Promoter reasonably considers to be inappropriate, unlawful or offensive. If the winning entry is disqualified the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
16) Orders that are cancelled, returned or fully or partially refunded will not be eligible for entry.
17) This competition, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion.
18) No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or corrupted, or due to computer, network or software failure which may restrict or delay entry.
19) The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter these terms of competition at any time and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
20) By entering this competition, you declare that The Opal has permission to send marketing emails related to our products and services.
21) Insofar as is permitted by law, the promoter, its employees, and/or representatives shall in no circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any entrant who participates in the competition and/or the winner who claim(s) the prize for any loss, damage, personal injury or death whatsoever and howsoever caused, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any direct, indirect or consequential losses arising out of or in connection with their participation in this competition.
We support all requirements of UK Data Protection Act 1968 and any modification thereof. When you shop on this Website, we will ask you to input and will collect Personal Information from you such as your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, credit card or other payment information. We do not retain your credit card details and is completely removed from our system once your order is processed or cancelled. We will use the information you provided only for processing your orders and for the statistical purpose to improve service of this website to you. We will never disclose your personal information to any third party without your written consent.
We reserve the right to change and update these Website Terms from time to time and recommend that you revisit this page regularly to keep informed of the current Website Terms that apply to your use of the Website. By continuing to access, browse and use this Website, you will be deemed to have agreed to any changes or updates to our Website Terms.